Marine Service Technician
North Vancouver, BC
- Do you love being on the water and have an interest in working on luxury yachts?
- Do you have an aptitude for marine systems and a passion for understanding how things work?
- Do you want to build a long-term career in a rapidly growing industry where your skills are in high demand?
Yacht Care Systems, Inc. (YCS) is committed to providing the highest quality service solutions for luxury yacht owners. This full-time, Marine Service Technician role based in North Vancouver, BC, will work to provide accurate, reliable diagnostics while conducting repairs/rebuilds, routine services, preventative maintenance and record keeping for all systems onboard customer vessels.
The marine service industry is booming and there is a huge demand for qualified technicians and service professionals. As a result, our business is growing and so is our team! You will be working as part of a team that keeps Vancouver’s finest luxury yachts looking and performing their absolute best. You will receive training on the job, have the opportunity to expand on your trade certifications, as well as take part in many other industry training and educational opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Marine Service Technician, you’re responsible for monitoring and performing regular checks on all vessel systems to ensure safe and reliable operations. You’re able to proactively identify, diagnose and repair deficiencies as well as follow OEM guidelines for the regular maintenance of these systems. You’ll also be involved in the removal and replacement of failed and/or obsolete systems.
More specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Performing a high quality of work in checklists, diagnostics, estimating, parts sourcing and ordering, service, repairs and post-service presentation
- Providing accurate diagnostics combined with cost-effective preventative maintenance and repair solutions that maximize the lifespan and reliability of all onboard equipment
- Sourcing, recording, reading, interpreting and implementing OEM service bulletins, service schedules, diagrams, schematics, technical orders and specifications for all equipment onboard the customer’s fleet
- Executing general maintenance, repairs and installation of all onboard systems including, but not limited to:
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical and Navigation Systems
- Propulsion Systems
- Plumbing and Sanitation Systems
- Providing improved reliability of equipment and work performed (i.e., no customer downtime)
- Preparing vessels for use and ensuring they are in perfect condition
WHAT YOU BRING
In order to qualify for this role, you'll possess prior experience working in the marine industry, specifically experience working on yachts and similar vessels, or a background in aircraft repair and maintenance.
As our ideal candidate, you'll have the ability to communicate with all stakeholders to ensure that any issues are resolved promptly and accurately. You will possess the willingness and ability to improve your knowledge through education and on-the-job training, along with a passion to share and collaborate with other team members.
As no day is the same in this role, you'll be able to adapt to different priorities and thrive in changing environments. You'll also have a meticulous eye for detail, and are able to work well both independently and as a part of a team.
Above all, you'll have a flexible nature with mechanical aptitude and a mindset to fix things and fix them right!
WHO WE ARE
Yacht Care Systems aspires to be Vancouver’s yacht owners’ partner of choice when it comes to the care and control of one of their most prized possessions. We provide peace of mind and unlimited enjoyment through a preventive and proactive approach to maintenance and troubleshooting. We strive to ensure that all systems are functioning to the original manufacturer’s standard of reliability and safety.
WHY WORK FOR US?
As a valued member of Yacht Care Systems, you will receive a competitive hourly wage of $25-40 based on skills and experience. You'll also be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Signing bonus
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation starting at 2 weeks
- Industry training, leadership, and professional development opportunities
- Company-wide, team building events that we're eager to get back to once Covid subsides
Do you want to work in a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work environment with an outstanding team of industry professionals? Apply today!